Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So You Think You Can Shop

I've been on a bit of a crafty kick, thanks to some precios free time I managed to find last week in the form of two floating holidays I had to take before July 1 (or I'd lose them).  I'm sure the crafty bug will wear off soon and I will be back to posting couponing ideas, or probably more likely, not posting anything at all.  So bear with me through one or two more crafty posts (I have a rolled ribbon tutorial I have got to share!  It would be so wrong to keep it all to myself!).

On to this post though, something quick and easy to help out my friends that are in the same boat I am- living in a small town with only the craft aisles of Wal-Mart to supply me (JoAnn's will be opening in a few months though!!! WOOHOO!).  So a question I get a lot is- where do you get your supplies?  I do use WalMart quite a bit for ribbon.  If I need just plain ribbon they are reasonable and have a decent amount of colors.  Most of my korker ribbon was bought at WallyWorld.  I also buy my basics there- the glue guns, the glue sticks, buttons, yarn and the like.  But what if I need monkey ribbon to match K's Gymboree outfit?  Or what if I don't want to pay $2 for a single crocheted headband?  I do what all small town savy shoppers have learned to do- shop online.  Here are some of my favorite stores-

My go-to store for headbands, flowers, tutus and pettiskirts is www.haloheaven.com.  Their shipping is crazy high, but their prices on their supplies are great.  So I wait until they offer a free shipping sale and stock up.

For specialty ribbon I have had the best luck with eBay.  K has a bunch of cute Gymboree outfits and I love finding ribbon that matches.  I just search for Gymboree ribbon and viola.  Printed ribbon is always a bit pricey, but with a little shopping around you can usually find it for a reasonable price.  I also like to buy alligator clips and crocheted headbands in bulk off of eBay.

Etsy has become a great place for supplies, especially if you are looking for vintage or upcycled materials.  I have found some gorgeous flowers and lace on here.  If you are looking with unique embellishments this is also a good place to start your search.

So there you have it.  A few good places to look for crafting supplies, especially if you are looking for bow making stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment